IoT creates new endpoints – essentially any people, assets, or equipment.
* This creates a need to manage these new many new endpoints:
* Machine to Machine (M2M) SCADA required managing costs and endpoint connections and now we have Machine to Human (M2H)
* Looking more at the asset itself and optimizing that asset - Beyond optimizing just usage and rate plans
* Beyond Cellular – RFID, BLE, LoRa/SigFox, Wi-Fi, etc.
* Tracking location and status – indoors and out
* Requires interoperability – a lot of IoT systems are proprietary (look at the appliance makers)
* Demands a scalable platform to manage what could become thousands or tens of thousands or millions of endpoints
* Robust data analytics to provide analysis and insight to improve business
Advantix acquired THINaër with these needs in mind. THINaër approaches Managed IoT with the following steps:
One - Making any asset (people or equipment) smart and connected with low power beacons (creating an instant mobile asset)
Two - Establishing a wireless relay structure using Wi-Fi or Cellular aggregator beacons to collect the beacon signals and send them to the cloud-based platform for analysis
Three - Creating an asset inventory with identifiers (name, type, color, model, anything you want)
Four - Tracking those assets in real time and monitoring status – where are they, are they available, where have they been, and how are they being used?
Five - Identifying inefficient utilization, redundancy or zero usage of any type of equipment
Six - Adding predictive analytics to analyze the efficiency of the flow or utilization of assets and to ultimately be able to make better decisions and predictions about use
An accurate, up to the minute asset inventory is at the core. The focus is asset intelligence -- how each asset is being utilized. We can incorporate information from the identifiers as well as capture unstructured data about assets – such as contract terms or maintenance records. We provide reporting based on user permissions and needs – day to day users, analysts, and management.
This is an exciting new evolution and has many use cases in healthcare, supply chain, manufacturing, cold chain, and more. Check out the THINaër website to find out more about managing The Internet of Your Things.